Friday, May 30, 2014

140Story - Day 2

It just occurred to me that people will have to scroll down to read the first bits.  If they want to read them in order.  Maybe it'll be better backwards.
   To recap, I'm telling a story not in 140 character chunks, but in 140 word chunks.  Kind of builds in an annoying cliffhanger every day, doesn't it?   I will continue daily until either the story's finished (no idea when, I'm writing it in 140 word chunks), I lose interest, or I see others have lost interest.

The next 140 word chapter of Bullets Ain't Cheap:

to pay for this round.”
    He nodded at the crewcut douchebags who’d come in half an hour ago.  They sat in the corner, backs to the wall, each nursing a beer they’d barely sipped.  They looked like cops, they sat like cops, they gave me the eye like cops.  But they weren’t cops.  Not regular ones, the kind the city paid.  They were corporate security.  Hired assholes.  They saw me and raised their beers in salute.
    I shook my head.  “I pay for my own drinks.”
    Scully winced.  “You kind of don’t.  Not this month at least.  You might want to give this a second thought.”
    He wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but Scully was wise in the ways of the world.  And he had a business to run, same as me.  But if I accepted I’d have


No comments:

Post a Comment