Saturday, May 31, 2014

140Story - Day 3

I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in the next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap.

to talk to them, and I desperately wanted to avoid that.  After I thought about it for a moment, I took the glass and saluted them in return.  Which meant now I owed them.
    I’d give anything to give back that free drink.
    Crewcut Douchebag Number One stood and made his approach.  He was the sort who tugged on his lapels for confidence.  Square jaw, but not much stubble, clear eyes without a single wrinkle at the edges.  He was a kid playing at being grown.
    “I’m Burton,” he said.  “I’m with Telrik.”
    Of course he was.  My old employer.  Back when I thought exchanging my conscience and soul for a regular paycheck was a good bargain.
    “Not interested,” I said, “but thanks for the drink.”
    “You’re Lily Walker.”  He watched my face, waiting for a response.  But if he

No comments:

Post a Comment