Tuesday, August 5, 2014

140Story - Day 59

 I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

against using you as bait.  It’s dishonorable to a former colleague.”
    “But you did it anyway.”
    He shrugged again.  “Nature of the business.  I think you’ll probably hear from Burton sooner rather than later.  Let him know we haven’t forgotten about him.”
    “I haven’t either,” I muttered.
    For a moment it looked like Michaels might offer to shake hands.  He thought better of it.  “Good luck, Lily.”
    “Go to Hell.”
    With a wave he took his leave.  I glanced up at the security cameras, knowing that Telrik was far from done with following me.  If I was going to find out what was on the thumb drive Kelly slipped me, I’d need to slip them entirely.
    Problem was, I thought I’d been free from them this entire time.  But they’d played me.  Played me good.  I lost my nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment