Thursday, August 7, 2014

140Story - Day 60

 I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

I lost my edge.  Telrik was in my head now, making me doubt every decision.  It’s what they intended, of course, and I knew it.  But knowing didn’t make the doubt any less real.

I found my nerve at the bottom of a glass.  I sat in Scully’s, I didn’t know what time it was and I didn’t particularly care.  After I downed three shots within ten minutes of sitting down Scully had been rationing me.  I wasn’t cut off - not completely anyway - but Scully was keeping me from the kind of blackout drunk I thought I needed.
    He did his bartender chores a few feet away, leaving me to my silence.  When I walked through his door hours and hours ago he hadn’t asked me any questions, he just greeted me with a nod and coarse ‘Hey, Lily,’ and

No comments:

Post a Comment