Tuesday, August 19, 2014

140Story - Day 61

 I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap
       Sorry this installment is late, I've been busy. 

poured me my first two fingers of Scotch.  A good bartender knew when to shut up, and Scully was a hundred different kinds of good.
    I drained another one dry and set it carefully on the bar.  In my other hand I held the thumb drive Kelly had slipped me, turning it over and over.  It was a talisman, holding secrets I wasn’t sure I wanted to know.
    I couldn’t go back to my place, Telrik had it wired like a switchboard, and since it had been dark for a while I was pretty sure the public library was closed
    “Hey Scully,” I called out, my slurred words surprising me.  I was pretty hammered after all.  “You got a computer around here?”

I blinked, and tried to focus on the screen.  Scully kept his computer in his office, as dark

No comments:

Post a Comment