Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pasadena Vampires

Children of the Night have invaded the Crown City. I know this because I seen 'em, down on South Lake.
   I've been really cranking on my latest novel for the past week and half or so, putting in eight, ten hour days because, honestly, what else do I have to do when the sun is up? Working so diligently, however, I have been kind of falling down on my grocery shopping. Anything I have to eat is something I have to take time to prepare. Except for cereal, and you can only eat just so much cereal in a day.
   Anyhoo... long story short, this afternoon, about 2 PM, I got hungry. And not just 'I could use a bite' hungry, this was 'my next door neighbor is lucky I'm not a cannibal' hungry. I had nothing thawed and I polished off the last of the crackers and baby carrots last night, so I had to go out.
   I've been trying to eat sensibly, so fast food was right out. Luckily, there's a great place just down the street, the Mediterranean Cafe, good food at a good price. I could walk there but I didn't, I wanted to get back to work more on my book.
   It was then, as I drove through the parking lot, that I saw them. The Children of the Night, the minions of Vlad Dracul, the nosferatu, das vampyr. They were walking out of KooKooRoo, which surprised me because I thought vampires craved blood, not chicken. But, whatever.
   The six of them wore jet black garments except for some splashes of silver, their sable locks flowing over their shoulders, and both the boys and girls were deathly pale, but with dark eyes and blood red lips.
   ... okay, hold on a second...
   Now that I think about it, they were probably just some Goth douchebags out for lunch in between angsty discussions about how much they hate their parents and getting together for another round of Vampire: the Masquerade.
   Dammit, I thought I found a little excitement today.

No comments:

Post a Comment