Monday, January 25, 2010

Symbolically Speaking

I want a symbol, something that people could look and instantly know me.
   Everything memorable has a symbol. Apple has their logo with the bite taken out, Chevy has the bow-tie, NBC has the peacock, the World Wildlife Fund has that panda. Even the Nazis had their swastika, memorable doesn't necessarily mean good.
   So I need some kind of symbol. I could use it instead of a signature, like those red symbol things they use in China. Even better, I could plaster it across my chest like the red 'S' that Superman wears. See? Another instantly recognizable symbol.
   Problem is, I'm completely at a loss for a suitable image. I need something that screams 'me.' Not screams in a flaming, flamboyant way, don't get the wrong idea; I need something that screams in a manly, entirely hetero-appropriate way. Maybe a monkey wrench?
   Hmm... what says 'unemployed middle-aged white guy?' A sink full of dishes? An unmade bed? A guy asleep on the couch in his underwear?
   I'm willing to take suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment