Sunday, June 1, 2014

140Story - Day 4

I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in the next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

was with Telrik he already knew my address, my credit score, and my blood type.  Knowing my name wasn’t impressive or scary.
    “Still not interested.”
    He sat, uninvited.  Three easy ways to cripple him flashed through my brain.
    “We’re not trying to get you back on the team,” he said, with an oily smile that made me think of a fourth way.  “We have a job.  Freelance.  No strings.”
    There were always strings with Telrik.  Always.
    I smiled sweetly, blinked my mascara-less eyelashes slowly, and shook my head so my auburn braid ended up trailing down my neck.  Just in case things were going to get ugly.
    “One last time.  No.  Thank you.”
    A flash of anger took over his face for a moment, then he covered it.  “Fair enough.  We have other resources.”
    He flipped a business card


No comments:

Post a Comment