Monday, March 28, 2011

Welcome Back

I did it. I moved. Most of my stuff has not made it here yet, and I'm sleeping at my mother's house until the truck comes with the boxes, but I'm here. Back in Texas, safe and sound.
    Honestly, I'm conflicted. I do have plans, and if things work out - as they will - my brother-in-law and I will create a business to sustain our families. And that's the reason I came back, family. That, and there was just nothing happening for me in SoCal.
    And yet...
    I left people behind, and that's what's making me sad. I spent 20% of my life in Pasadena, and the place and the people occupy a big chunk of my heart. I do not at all miss sitting in my truck for 45 minutes to go 13 miles to a job that I didn't particularly want to do anyway. And I don't miss the astronomical prices or the state income tax or the asswipes who thought they were particularly privileged and thus should go first. But I miss individuals, and as I sit here typing away I find I miss them terribly. They were my family in Pasadena, not blood related but family nonetheless, and I shed a tear when I think that I won't see them in person for a long time, if ever again.
    It was a good run, my friends, and I'll do everything I can to stay in touch. Here's to you: Sweden, Tracy, Derick, Staci, Dick, June, Hal, Steve, Nicole, Mark, Ted, Joe, Sandy, Val, Anne, Eric, all the guys at the Comics Factory, Tim, Tina, Sam, Ed, Ryan, Alex, Andrea, Brad, Eve, Charlie, Joseph, Lana, Loretta, Victor, Bill, Susan, Tanalee, Stephanie, Rich, Marissa, Jane, George, Heidi, Pam, Heather, Gennady, and Denise. My heart breaks when I realize that when I drove out of town on Friday I left you all behind. It hurts.
    But it's time to start a new adventure, time to make the most of what I have here, in San Antonio. Onward and upward.
    Just don't forget me, my friends, I know I won't forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment