Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stamps?

I spent 45 minutes today looking for my stamps. I know they're around here somewhere, and I was determined to dig them up. I failed in that quest.
   I know, I could have spent half that time just going to the Post Office and buying some. But it's the principle of the thing. I packed my stamps, and I should be able to get my grubby mitts on them. Besides, I used to live within half a mile of two post offices - not counting the independent places - and the big post office was less than two miles away. Now the closest post office is three miles away across a highway.
   Now I gotta re-think things in Texas terms. I don't actually think it takes longer to get to the post office than it did back in Pasadena, but walking isn't an option here. Unless I want to count that as my cardio for the day. I gotta get back into the 'drive to get there' mind set.
   I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes in the past week since I've been back I feel like a foreigner in my own land. I gotta get used to the way things are done here.
   Do they have re-education courses? Like the cultural briefings the State Department gives to its staff when the go abroad? I need me one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment