Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What A Feelin'

She's a steel-town girl on a Saturday night, lookin' for the fight of her life, in the real-time world no one sees her at all, they all think she's crazy.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!!!

The lyrics for 'Maniac' have been running through my head for hours now, and I have no idea why. And just when I think it's over the lyrics for 'Flashdance' begin.
   At first when there's nothing but a slow-moving dream that your fear seems to hide deep inside your mind....

AAAAAAAGHHHHH!!

I saw part of 'Flashdance' only once, thirty years ago, and I put the 80's behind me back in 1985. Because I'm an overachiever. I haven't heard these songs on the truck radio lately, or in the gym, or on iTunes. As far as I can remember I haven't heard either of these songs all the way through in a decade or more.
   But damn me to Hell and back, I remember almost every word. And it's INSIDE MY HEAD, so I can't even get sweet release by puncturing my eardrums.

I understand now. This is what makes street people crazy. They're all hearing early 80's pop songs non-stop in their brains and it's driven them around the bend. If this keeps up much longer I'm going to join them.

I hear Target has the best shopping carts, but it's really difficult to get them off the property. And where's my tin foil? I need to make a hat.

1 comment: