Monday, December 20, 2010

The Moon Is Bright

I'm waiting for the lunar eclipse, which is supposed to start in a little more than an hour. Though I'm perfectly capable of staying up I may not, partly because I'm working on becoming an old man before my time and partly because the moon is so freakin' bright tonight I'm not sure I want to spoil it.
   The Winter Solstice, a full moon, and a lunar eclipse don't all happen on the same night very often and tonight's the night they're all crammed together like the Super Bowl, World Series and... uh... whatever hockey has all in the same day. It's a special time, cosmologially speaking, is what I'm trying to say, and the universe is delivering the goods. I was just outside with a newspaper and I could read all but the smallest type pretty easily.
   Comets are supposed to portend big changes, perhaps apocalyptic changes, and comets come by way more often than lunar eclipses on the Winter Solstice, which have happened together twice before in the past 2,000 years, most recently 372 years ago. I'm not particularly alarmist, but I am guessing this celesital happening is foreshadowing some big changes. Or hoping it does anyway.
   So keep your fingers and toes crossed the changes are good ones. Or that the clouds stay away until I get to see the eclipse, at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment