Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Does Anybody Know?

You ever have one of those days where it seems like you're the only one thinking things through? Been that way for a week or so with me.

In the office supply store.

Me: Excuse me, I'm looking at these 9 x 12 envelopes, and this box is eight dollars, but this box here is twenty-four dollars.
   Worker: Yeah, look at that.
And this third one is sixteen dollars. But it's the exact same thing as the eight dollar box and the twenty-four dollar box.
   You're right.
Can you tell me why this box is three times more expensive than that one? If you look inside the envelopes are identical. I can't see any difference.
   Huh. Me neither. Never seen that before.

In the grocery store.
Me: Excuse me, can you answer a question for me?
    Worker: Sure.
This juice... this flavor has a tag that says it's on sale.
   Yeah.
But the tags are missing for these two flavors. Does that mean they're not on sale, or the tags just fell off?
   Hmmm... I don't know. Usually there's a tag for every product.
I know, that's why I'm wondering.
   That's weird, usually there's a tag...

On the phone with a recruiter.
Me: Hi, I'm following up on an application I submitted yesterday, for the Director position.
   Recruiter: Let me see... oh yes, the client put that position on hold last week.
Oh, okay, too bad. I submitted my resume yesterday, though.
   Yes, I see, Tuesday.
That means the position is still posted on-line this week.
   Oh.... yeah.
Don't you think somebody should take the job posting down if the position is on-hold?
   Yeah, usually that's what happens.

At the gas station.
Me: Hi, I noticed that the price for regular out on your sign says $1.15.
   Worker: Really?
Yeah, see? Out by the corner?
   Huh... $1.15.
But it's not really $1.15, it's $3.15.
   Right, we'd lose money at $1.15.
Don't you think the sign should reflect the price at the pump?
   Usually it does. I guess somebody didn't change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment