Monday, November 2, 2009

Lenny Kravitz On The 110

Yesterday while I was on the 110 down by USC, on my way to Torrance, I saw Lenny Kravitz in traffic behind me. I thought it odd that a Grammy-winning entertainer would be driving a Honda Accord let alone driving at all instead of being driven. I didn't want to rush to judgment, he could have had a bad couple of years and maybe a ten-year-old Accord was what he could afford now. So I slowed down to let him pass me, which is when I saw that it wasn't Lenny Kravitz at all, just a guy with big glasses and an afro. But for a few precious moments I thought I was sharing a lane with a for-real rock star.
   And then it hit me, I could pass the terrible commute by trying to find people who look like celebrities in other cars. When you're sitting in Downtown LA traffic going 10 miles an hour, there's no real driving risk, trust me. So I tried the experiment all the way to Torrance, but the only person I saw was someone who looked a little like Roger C. Carmel - the guy who played Harry Mudd on Classic Trek. I think it was the mustache.
   Today I had to travel down the exact same highway, this time going to LAX instead of Torrance, and I hit the look-alike jackpot; traffic was much worse today, which is probably why it was such a success. I saw a guy who looked like Bronson Pinchot behind the wheel of a pickup, I saw Kevin Smith in a Taurus, I saw Reese Witherspoon behind the wheel of an old Honda Del Sol, I saw Stone Cold Steve Austin in the cab of a Pepsi delivery van, and I even saw Bea Arthur driving a big ol' Mercedes. The only one I know for sure wasn't really the person is Bea Arthur, unless her ghost can drive a car. There's an outside possibility the others could actually have been those celebrities. Bronson Pinchot could be supplementing his income by working as a gardener, you never know.
    Go on, try it for yourself, it's tons of fun and is a game you can play alone, unlike 'I Spy' or 'Punchbug.' If you resemble a celebrity, though, be prepared; when this game catches on, people are gonna be looking for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment