Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Dude Abides

My friend Marna had to send her dog Tex to the great dog bed in the sky today. I read her memorial blog at work and immediately started to cry. I'm still am, kind of. I knew it was coming, Marna told me he was sick and not going to get any better, but that doesn't make hearing the news any easier.
   Marna fostered Tex, then fell in love with him and gave him his forever home. He was an older dog, but because he had white fur no one was ever really certain how old. Marna had two and half years with Tex, giving him a loving home and comfort in his dotage, just what a wise old man like Tex deserved. Sometimes I called him the Dude, after the main character in The Big Lebowski, because he was so mellow and easygoing. And when his sickness took the enjoyment of life from him, Marna had the courage to see him off with dignity.
   When you get a moment, read her tribute to him.

So long, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment