Saturday, September 4, 2010

Looking For Karma

I am, among other things, a professional actor. 'Professional' meaning that, unlike most actors in Hollywood, I've been paid - and quite a bit, actually, even if it wasn't a living wage. My tour-de-force was as Mold for Lennox Air Conditioners. I auditioned for Humidity, but evidently I reminded them more of Mold. I'd link to the truly amazing work I did, but it looks like Lennox has finally retired the clips.
   Since that gig paying jobs have been few and far between, although I did re-up on Mold twice, so that was money for nothing, which ain't bad. Like most actors, I'm always looking for paying work. I found a great opportunity, and I am officially asking for your help getting an audition.
   The gig is as the host of National Geographic's Known Universe. Since I'm a complete science nerd, this would be my dream job. Really. I always thought that Alan Alda's job on Scientific American Frontiers would be the ultimate, but he already booked the gig and he wasn't going to give it up, not for the likes of me. But I saw this hosting job posted yesterday and put myself in for it. All I have to do now is distinguish myself from the thousands of other actors who would love to have a regular gig like this too.
   Which is where you guys come in. I need all your good wishes and positive vibes that I get an audition, and then that I book the gig. Think 'sparkle fingers' or good mojo or healthy karma or prayers or quantum fluctuations, whatever you call it, sent my way.
   When I book the gig I'll give all of you credit for making it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment