Monday, February 7, 2011

Things That Worry Me Which Probably Shouldn't

I'm very concerned that the waistcoat will come back in style.
   We're already seeing the resurgence of the sweater vest, thanks to Mr. Schuester in Glee, can the formal waistcoat be far behind?
   I don't want to look like my grandfather's grandfather. I don't own a pocket watch... hold on, I think I do... regardless, I don't own spats or a celluloid collar or pomade or any of the other things that go along with proudly wearing a waistcoat. I like my t-shirt and jeans, thank you very much, and I'm perfectly fine dressing in business casual where it's appropriate. I don't want a return to 'business formal.'
   I do not want to look like Scrooge McDuck. Though I wouldn't mind having a money bin, to tell you the truth.
   You know how these things go, once a trend starts, it goes all the way. If waistcoats come back in style, then inevitably will come ruffled shirts, pants gathered at the knee, and great big powdered wigs. I look terrible in a powdered wig - don't ask how I know that, trust me that I do. I really don't want to end up looking like a Restoration-era dandy. White face powder makes me look terrible too. Though a beauty mark on my cheek might just bring the ladies a-runnin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment