Monday, June 8, 2009

There's A Story In This

I was out walking just now, a constitutional to clear the mind and open the lungs. And to get my lazy ass off the couch too. The oddest thing just happened.
   A block up from my place the buildings are this interesting mix of residential and office space - the buildings look the same no matter what's in them - and the office space is mostly psychiatrists and psychologists. Weird, huh? There's some sort of mental health professionals' enclave a block from my apartment.
   So anyway, I'm walking up the street, and the door to one of the psychiatrist's offices bangs open, and a very thin man in a white dress shirt, blue slacks, with an undone neck tie runs down the front steps, tries to jump from the steps to the sidewalk but lands on the lawn, then runs with a very stiff-legged gait up the street. He's clearly late for something, or someone's chasing him; it's obviously very urgent business, especially with the undone neck tie. Mind you, this all happens within four feet of where I'm walking.
   He rounds the corner, still running oddly, and hurries up to a mini-van parked on the street. The door opens, and the guy with the neck tie leans in and says, very loudly, 'What'd I miss?'
   The driver of the mini-van replies so softly I couldn't hear him (or her) - and I couldn't see what he looked like because he had a sun shade propped in the windshield, no lie - then the guy with the neck tie nods then dashes back to the psychiatrist's office like his pants are ablaze.
   Does freaky crap like this happen to other people, or am I alone on this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment