Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm With The Band

I've been hitting the job boards the last few weeks, trying to find a new gig. Not that I'm all that enthusiastic about another corporate job, but I do need somewhere to sit from 9 to 5 Monday through Friday. But as I was filling out yet another online profile for a job no one is ever going to call me for, a solution to my dilemma hit me like a bolt from the blue.
   I'll start a boy band.
   And I don't mean I'll be the Svengali-like behind the scenes maestro, like that creepy tax evader guy from the 90's. No, I'll be out in front, singing the songs and dancing the dances. The fact that I can't sing is in no way a hindrance to my plans. I'll be just one of five out-of-work old dudes in this new boy band. But which archetype should I follow?
   The Cute One - you might think he's gay, but he gets more ladies than all the others combined.
   The Shy One - his shyness is less a function of his own personality and more a function of the others' overbearing 'look-at-me-now' personalities.
   The Funny One - funny is such a relative term. He's funny in comparison to the other four, and in comparison to, say, bubonic plague.
   The Dangerous One - he's dangerous in a non-threatening way. Mostly this is expressed with tattoos (real or temporary), pierced ears, and greasy hair.
   The Smart One - he's smart because he knows what a book is, and he's pretty certain what one does, or at least what other have told him a book does.

I think I want to be the dangerous one, but I'm probably more suited to being the shy one.
   Now I just need a name for the group, and the good ones are already taken: Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Air Supply...

No comments:

Post a Comment