Friday, April 23, 2010

I Was Actually Speechless...

I know this blog is supposed to be about being out of work and whatever crosses my mind while jobless, not about work stories. But since I have a job now - even though it's a contract gig - work stories are bound to come up. So give me a break already!
   Besides, this one is good and creepy.
   I have been getting to work between 7:15 and 7:30 AM; I'm a morning person, I'd rather get in and get the day started than hang around waiting for it. Today was no different, and as I got into the elevator from the garage, there was already a guy on it, coming up from the lower parking level. We nodded to each other, and then he said:
   "We meet again, huh?"
   I honestly didn't know what to say, and that rarely happens, ask anyone who knows me. I looked at him but couldn't place him at all, and told him I didn't know we'd met a first time.
   So he explained that, sure, we were in the elevator the day before, just the two of us, about this time, and that I got off on Floor Three. When I left the elevator - on Floor Three - I told him I'd see him next week. But I hope I don't.
   This creeped me out. I didn't remember this guy at all, and he not only remembers me, he remembers what floor out of 21 my office is on. Now I think I understand why chicks get creeped out when some random strange guy remembers things about them. I don't feel like the prettiest girl at the dance at all, I feel like I'm being stalked.
   That's it. Next week I'm going to stop wearing short skirts to work.


COMMUTE: there - 35 minutes      back - 44 minutes.
CONTRACT COUNTDOWN: 78 days

1 comment:

  1. Exactly. Welcome to my world. My most recent "stalker" was trying to look over my 5 ft cube wall while he was walking the length of it. He fumbled...he actually ran INTO the cube wall with a huge "THUD!". Smooth operator. Good times.

    ReplyDelete