Wednesday, April 14, 2010

More From The World Of Work

First, let me say that the work itself is not bad, it's something I can do and it's something I'm good at. And the people seem nice too, at least after 3 days on the job. But the nice might be part of the problem.
   I'm gonna get fat. Okay, fatter, but you know what I mean. The HR lady has candy. Lots of candy. The developers have snacks. And today someone who works remotely was in the office and they bought pies. I'm going to have to develop much, much, much stronger willpower. I don't want to be worthless and weak. But for God's sake, it was free pie...
   And I'm tired now. Not bone tired, not up-for-three-days tired, but more tired than I have been in quite a while. It's getting me down.


COMMUTE: there - 35 minutes back - 40 minutes
CONTRACT COUNTDOWN: 87 days

No comments:

Post a Comment