Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Illusion Of Progress

I feel like Michael Corleone in Godfather III, they keep pulling me back in.
   Had a meeting today. At work. A conference call. My nightmares are filled with conference calls, and whiteboards, and anti-ergonomic office furniture.
   Hell has speakerphones, I just know it.
   I like these people, really, they're far from the worst co-workers I've ever had. But I keep feeling like I should be giving lessons on how to conduct meetings. And how to speak up. And how to properly supervise a contractor.
   You ever have one of those meetings that probably could have been better conducted via e-mail? You ever spend an hour listening to people who weren't prepared to speak fumble around for the right words? You ever have a power spike trip the circuit breakers and send the phone system off-line right when someone was actually going to say something worthwhile?
   Me too.
   This is so familiar, I've been in this purgatory before. And I don't want to be there again. Better go double down on the Lotto tickets.


COMMUTE - there - 37 minutes      back - 41 minutes
CONTRACT COUNTDOWN: 20-something days, I'm losing track...

No comments:

Post a Comment