Monday, June 21, 2010

It's The Little Things

In case you haven't heard, I'm working now. It's a three-month gig, which if you're new explains the countdown at the bottom of this post. Now that I have money coming in again I'm starting to loosen the purse strings just the tiniest bit. No big extravagances ('cept maybe the book case, but that's an investment), I'm mostly just paying more on my regular bills. But there is one thing I'm looking forward to spending some hard-earned dough on.
   I'm gettin' me some new undies.
   My trusty old ones have been getting me by for a year now, and while they're holding up, I can't fight entropy forever. Underwear is a depreciating asset, after all.
   If you've been following me since the beginning you may remember that underwear is the deciding factor on when I do laundry, so I do keep track of my stockpile pretty closely. And, sure as a Wall Street Broker is cheating on his taxes, they're wearing out. My 'good' ones are becoming 'acceptable' and more of my 'acceptable' are edging towards 'workout.' And several in the 'workout' category are one good skid mark away from 'emergency.'
   So the next time Macy's has a sale - like, what? every weekend? - I'm going to walk in with my head held high, my credit card in hand, and say "A three-pack of your finest Jockey, my good man. I'm in the mood for a splurge."


COMMUTE - there - 35 minutes      back - 50 minutes to get to Burbank. You read that right, traffic was insane in the membrane today. I blame the Lakers.
CONTRACT COUNTDOWN: 20-something days, I'm losing track...

No comments:

Post a Comment