Monday, November 15, 2010

Carried On The Tide

You ever get the feeling that forces beyond your control are not-so-subtly pulling your strings? That maybe the seeming coincidence or synchronicity of events in your life aren't all that coincidental or randomly synchronous? That, for some unfathomable reason that is well above your mortal pay grade, you're being carried almost forcibly toward a certain goal?
   Doesn't it kind of piss you off?
   That's what's happening to me right now, at least it seems so, and I'm not quite sure how to take it. I've always been someone who hesitates on the threshold of life change, unwilling to take that step through the door until I get a serious push. I know this, and I'm working on it, I swear. But I get the feeling that I'm not getting pushed so much as getting a combat boot to the small of the back.
   I'm going along with it, since there's not much else I can do right now. They say life is what happens when you're making other plans, don't they?
   But I sure wish I felt more in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment