Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gimme Fever

I'm sick.
   Probably got it from work (ugh...) where some people just don't understand the concept of staying home if you've got something contagious. So I have a fever and chills, and I've been wrapped up in a blanket in my recliner for much of the morning, dozing and waking myself up with my own snoring.
   I think I've figured it out. Being sick is not just a virus's method of propagating itself - though it is that - it's really a way for your body to say 'enough' and make you rest.
   I've been sleeping poorly the past week or so, maybe longer, and I've been keeping on. Going to work, writing, fencing, working out, as if everything is just fine. But it's not. The sleep was the first clue, when that's interrupted you need to pay attention. But I didn't. And now I'm sick.
   I don't feel like going anywhere or doing anything, all I want is to sit and wrap myself in a blanket and watch really bad TV. And I probably should do just that for the next few days.
   But you know what? I'm going to get up tomorrow morning and I'm going to go to work. Why? Because if some bastard infected me with his sickness I'm going to make sure everybody else gets it too. Let them spend their Thanksgiving shivering and locked in a bedroom while the rest of the house enjoys a turkey dinner with all the trimmings.
   What's that? I'm being vindictive? Damn straight. I didn't even want to be working in the first place...

No comments:

Post a Comment