Monday, May 24, 2010

Pimp-tastic

There are days I hate LA. And mean LA itself, not the greater LA metro area, which I'm also not all that fond of. I'm talking about LA North of the 10 and South of the Hollywood Hills. The place they keep everything the world thinks LA is. The place where I'm working now. That's the part I hate.
   But some days, you just gotta love it.
   Like today. I left the building for lunch, more accurately I left the building with a co-worker who wanted a sandwich from a particular place and I went along for the ride because I wanted to get away from the office. He got the sandwich, I got a bottle of iced tea, and we turned back towards work.
   And that's when I saw it. A pimpmobile. A for-real, honest-to-Pete pimpmobile complete with fully-attired pimp behind the wheel. It was green for the money with gold trim for the honey, and just waiting at the light with everyone else. Freaky stylin'.
   I have to admit, I was happy the rest of the afternoon after seeing that.
   LA taketh away, but LA giveth too. You just try rolling past a green-and-gold pimpmobile wherever you live. Bet you can't.


COMMUTE - there - 37 minutes      back - 30 minutes to go 10 miles, LA sucks
CONTRACT COUNTDOWN: 49 days

No comments:

Post a Comment