Sunday, May 16, 2010

Creepy Little Guy

There's been a little man haunting my dreams lately.
   Seriously, the past week or so I've been seeing the same little guy in my dreams with alarming regularity. His face is thin, he has a bald head with 5 o'clock shadow on his face and scalp, big ears, and a toothy... well, not exactly a toothy grin so much as a he's showing his teeth like he's at the dentist. He's wearing a butterscotch-colored suit with leather shoulder patches that seems too large for him. His legs are about 2 feet long but his torso and arms are regular-sized. He's not a sinister figure, but he's not exactly comical either.
   The first night I saw him he was a background figure, just a guy in a crowd scene but he was odd enough that I remember him and not the dream. The next night he was a little more prominent, and then night after that he was almost a featured extra. With no lines. That's when I realized that I'd seen him the previous two nights. Then the fourth night came and went and he wasn't there. But he was back the fifth night like an under-five player the producers have taken a liking to.
   I don't know why he keeps coming back. It doesn't matter what kind of dream I'm having, he shows up. And I don't even remember the context of the dreams, but I do remember him. I'm getting concerned.
   I haven't been eating badly, no hot sauce before bedtime so I don't think it's indigestion. I don't have a guilty conscience about anything so it's not that. For the life of me I can't figure out why I would keep seeing the almost-creepy little guy in my dreams. It could be that I expect to see him now, and so I do.
   So far he hasn't said anything, and I'm not sure if I want him to or don't. He might make some sort of crazy pronouncement, like telling me to found my own nation or something. Which would fit in with a prior post of mine but would, honestly, creep me out like nobody's business. We'll see if he makes an appearance tonight.
   Why couldn't my dreams be haunted by a supermodel?

No comments:

Post a Comment