Thursday, May 6, 2010

Puttin' It Out There

A few weeks back I declared that I was tired of being 'between assignments' and that I wanted to start working again. Well, Mama always said to be careful what you wish for. I landed a contracting gig, had an interview for a regular job and then a second one today, and I found three other good jobs I applied for in case that one doesn't pan out.
   Trouble is, all this working to make rent money is severely cutting into my writing time. The fact that I finished several books while holding down a full time job is now nothing short of miraculous to me. I have to find that discipline again, I don't have the whole day free to schedule however I wish any longer. I finished a book in January, and another one in March, but with my schedule the way it is now, I don't know when I would finish another. November? December? Who knows?
   I figured that what I needed to do was confess my desires in a public forum, much like I did my desire to start working again, and see if the Universe arranges for things to happen again. So here it goes:
   I'm tired of working for someone else. I want to be a published author. I have fiction that is as good as anything on the shelves right now and I just need to get my foot in the door. I also have great non-fiction proposals that will make excellent books - an alphabet book for early readers with half the profits going to animal shelters, for example - that just need to get seen by the right people to make them happen.
   There you are. It's out there, floating through the aether. I've tossed my bottle into the ocean, let's see what shore it washes up on.


COMMUTE: there - 40 minutes     back - does not compute, I had an interview
CONTRACT COUNTDOWN: 65 days

No comments:

Post a Comment