Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Celebrity Sightings

Since I live in Pasadena, which is close enough to Los Angeles that you could spit on it - and I have - people from elsewhere ask which celebrities I've seen. I usually tell them that I could trip over a celebrity and not know who they were, but the truth is I have seen some celebrities over the years. Usually people had to point them out to me.
   Monday, though, I saw a celebrity I did recognize immediately. So I did the thing they hate, which is I took a step back and craned my neck to get a better look and make sure that was who I thought it was. And it was. Victoria Jackson. In Von's. Buying vegetables and bread.
   See, mostly I don't care about celebrities, but I actually like Victoria Jackson's work. So I was thinking that I should go up to her and tell her that, which was odd because I've never felt the urge to do that before. As I was trying to figure out a slick way to make it happen, I realized I was being a creepy stalker and she probably just wanted to go through the self-check aisle and get back to whatever it was she was doing before she realized she needed groceries. Probably making dinner, which even celebrities have to do. And then she was gone.
   Because I know you're going to ask, yes, she was short. And, yes, she looks like she does on TV. Nice skin.

Here are a few other celebrities I've recognized, and where I saw them.

Outside Bungalow News, which is now closed:
   Richard Moll
In the Target electronics department:
   Dr. Drew Pinsky
At the Chateau Marmont
   Demi Moore
   Ashton Kutcher
At the Hollywood and Highland complex:
   Ryan Seacrest
In the CNN building elevator:
   Larry King
At Sabor, a cafe on Colorado Blvd. by the Dr. Drew Target:
   Staci Greason
On Highland, right by his Mozza restaurants
   Mario Batalli

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing at our Sabor meeting -- hilariously -- wearing my holey socks driving my Saturn with one side mirror -- you still think I'm a "celebrity!" Thanks Don :-)

    PS - I will be one sooner again than people know and only you get the insider scoop....not that anyone else other than you cares but...

    ReplyDelete