Monday, July 12, 2010

Psychic Bizarre

I saw a sign on Highland Ave. today, a bright neon yellow rectangle of cardboard taped to a light post. Since traffic at 5 PM on Highland crawls like a drunk sorority chick on a Saturday night, I had time to read the message closely. On it, in a decidedly feminine hand, were the words:

   Psychic Bazaar & Clothes

Intriguing to say the least. A psychic bazaar... what would that be? A marketplace of psychics? How could anyone make any profit? You could read the shopkeeper's mind and find out how much he paid for each item. Conversely, it would be difficult to haggle if the guy behind the counter knew how much money you had in your pocket.
   I was also intrigued by the '& Clothes' part of the sign. Are they psychic clothes? And if they're not, why are they selling them at the psychic bazaar? Or is it the case that even psychics need pants so they might as well sell to a captive audience? Do psychics wear cargo pants? I have nothing but questions.
   The best part, though, had to be the fact that there was no address or phone number on the posterboard. So I suppose you really did have to be psychic to know where the Bazaar & Clothes is.
   Now I'm inspired. I think I need to create a web site on which I'll sell high-priced items at a steep discount, but only to psychic people. You send me money, and I'll telepathically beam the pickup spot to you. If you don't receive my psychic waves, obviously you weren't meant to have those items, and you should probably work harder on developing your mental powers. I'll keep the money until you telepathically tell me your powers are strong enough.
   Yeah... that's the plan. You... the one who thinks you might have psychic powers. Yes, you. I'm talking to you... with my mind. Send me money. A few hundred dollars will do. For a start. Yes... money... to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment