Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm Back

I'm back and ready to share. I have to spend some time organizing my notes and a few pictures I took, so that may take some time. I was in Idaho first, then in New York, New York - the city so nice they named it twice.

I have a lot of work to do in a few days, but here are some random thoughts:
   If you're from there, it's pronounced 'Boy-see' not 'Boy-zee.' A sibilant versus a fricative, if you're into linguistics. And if you are, jeez, what a dork.
   Many Idahoans near the Oregon border cross over to do their shopping. This is because Oregon has no state sales tax. And they seem to be doing just fine. In California sales tax is now 9.5 %, and the government is still ass-deep in debt. Maybe Arnold could go up to Oregon to find out what they're doing right.
   Killdeer do not, in truth, kill deer. Disappointing.
   Many men jogging in Manhattan wear shorts that are much, much too tight. And too revealing. If I wanted a salami I'd go to Little Italy, thank you very much.
   Nobody seems to mind pigeons roaming around inside the Port Authority bus terminal.
   People talking on bluetooth headsets on Park Avenue look exactly like crazy people talking to themselves on 11th Avenue. The crazy person's just more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment