Thursday, May 7, 2009

What Does It All Mean?

I need some help here. I had a dream last night, and I while I don't remember most of it, I do remember one particular thing.
   I had long toenails.
   I'm not talking comically long, not like two inches or two feet or anything, but on each of my big toes the nails were much longer than I normally keep them, like a quarter of an inch or more. You know, long enough that they would stick out past the toe and cut through socks, that kind of long.
   I looked online for dream interpretation, and after wading through many, many crap New-Age (or newage, rhymes with sewage) sites with crystals and.... what have you... I found only one explanation regarding toenails:
    "To dream that your toe nails are growing, symbolize an extension of your understanding in a particular matter."
   I'm going to ignore the poor conjugation of the verb in the preceding sentence, because I'm not buying the whole interpretation anyway, so why nitpick?
   How freakin' general and useless is that 'interpretation?' When I go to a regular dictionary to look up a word, I'm looking for definity, not a vague idea of what that word might mean. What understanding am I going to extend? My understanding of the need for proper foot care? 'Cause I got that covered.
   I'm not even going to try to look up Madonna in the flying DeLorean.

No comments:

Post a Comment