Friday, May 1, 2009

Only In LA

It's still not too late to get your bids in, today the Hollywood Wax Museum is auctioning off a lot of crap, presumably to make way for more crap.
   It's like a dream come true for the eight-year-old in me. I could actually own wax figures of Dr. Zaius and Zira. What a time to be 'between assignments.' If I had the cash to spare I'd have two wax monkeys to put out on my porch. To guard it, or something; who doesn't need wax figures of talking monkeys, for cryin' out loud?!
   In an incredible coincidence, the same auction house is putting up for bids not only the Dr. Zaius costume from 'The Planet of the Apes,' it's also putting up the costume Charlton Heston wore as Taylor. So not only could I have wax figures for my porch, I could also have actual costumes for my wardrobe. Think of the envious looks I'd get at the gym, working out in my Dr. Zaius coat.
   Oooh! They have Deckard's blaster from 'Blade Runner.' I'm in nerd-vana...
   They also have some garbage from the crappy 'Episode 1' Star Wars movie, you know the one, when George Lucas abandoned all pretense of competent film-making?

No comments:

Post a Comment