Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just In Time

I just found out that November is National Beard Month, or Movember. A thousand thanks to the Internet, without which I would have remained mired in Beard Month ignorance. This is enough time for me to grow a really dramatic set of whiskers, like my beard hero, General Ambrose Burnside. Just imagine the admiring glances I'll get as I walk the streets of Pasadena, the wind whipping through my overgrown facial hair... chicks dig a civil war reenactor, at least that's what all the civil war reenactors tell me.
   And ladies, don't think you can avoid National Beard Month either, just because you can't grow facial hair (most of you, anyway). No, there are many places where you can buy very fine fake beards. It's right after Halloween, so there's bound to be a glut of fake beards on the market, for cheap. You'll even look better than the guys, at least at the beginning of the month when we have stubble.
   November's also National Novel Writing Month, but, honestly, I don't need the competition.

1 comment:

  1. Another fine post. Thank you for spreading the word about this very important competition and cause. I will definitely be getting to work on my facial hair.

    ReplyDelete