Monday, August 3, 2009

Return From Vacation

I know, 'vacation from what, deadbeat?' Anyway, I'm back. I'll post regular stuff tomorrow, but here are some short bits from my - extended - time lounging around DFW.

The mullet is not dead! Dee Snider can stop turning over in his grave. If he's dead. Which I don't think he is. I saw three mullets, though at first I thought it was four, but the first guy just changed his shirt. Really, I recognized the cap.
   A long, curly mullet under a camo cap, a Lesbian mullet on one of the ground crew seen from the airplane window, and a little kid mullet on some seven-year-old who obviously didn't know better.
   Long live the mullet!

A surprising number of people wear red sneakers. And by 'surprising' I mean any number other than zero. I thought Garrison Keillor was the only one, but I saw four different people wearing them.
   Perhaps it was the same pair of red sneakers, and these four people just switched them out when I wasn't looking?

Lots of people wave expansively across the airport terminal, but they seldom catch the eye of the person they're waving at. They end up walking over anyway, close enough to yell out the other person's name.

Some people shouldn't run in public.
   Some people definitely shouldn't run in public.
   Also, the half-run half-walk thing makes you look silly. Just say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment