Monday, August 31, 2009

Things That Worry Me Which Probably Shouldn't

Sometimes I wonder if bugs have a sense of justice. You know, if bug society remembers all the wrongs committed against it and has plans one day to rise up and even the score. Because if they do we're all kind of screwed.
   Yesterday I found a great big spider crawling up my living room wall, so I got the bug spray and spritzed it. The spider fell behind a table and I lost it, it's still in my living room somewhere. So I can just imagine it vowing to hold on, fighting the effects of the bug nerve gas that I sprayed it with, crawling across the floor, murder in its eight eyes, as it vowed to exact vengeance against the filthy mammal who killed it. Me.
   Now multiply that one spider's desire for revenge times all the bugs I've ever killed in my lifetime, and, man, that's a lot of invertebrate retribution coming down on my head.

2 comments:

  1. If they do, I'm in huge trouble! Yesterday a really big, black spider was running up my bedroom wall. It was so large I saw it out of my peripheral vision as I was reading. The kind that almost looks like a furry crab. I skipped the bug spray and grabbed a gas station receipt and just smashed him. Left his gut imprint on the wall. It's still there. Need to repaint.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a joke. What is the last thing that goes through a bug's head when he hits your windshield?.......His brain. Yuck-Yuck! But that wouldn't fall in the "get revenge" category, since they fly into you. Sort of "bug suicide" as it is.

    ReplyDelete