Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just In Case Something Happens...

It's getting weird around here. Okay, fine, weirder.
   Last night I had a terrible night's sleep, really miserable, and I even tried to go to bed early. Couldn't get to sleep, tossed and turned, watched the clock slowly tick over the minutes hour after hour. I haven't had a night this bad since... since I had a regular job, I suppose.
   So this morning I went to the gym, only to find it empty. Literally. There were three people in a space where usually there are at least fifteen or twenty, with more coming in all the time. It was a ghost town. I talked to one of the trainers who said that three of his clients this morning all had a terrible night last night, couldn't get to sleep just like me. When I left the gym there were still fewer than half the people there who usually are.
   Now the absenteeism could be explained by St. Patrick's Day yesterday - possibly. It could be that every single person who usually gets to the gym at 7 AM was sleeping off too many green beers. Could be. But to have so many people who had trouble sleeping? We're moving beyond coincidence.
    Now I've put it out there, something weird is going on in Pasadena. If you don't hear from me, send in the rescue dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment