Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cable Rage Pt 2

Just when I think I'm done choking on my own rage, something will happen to send my blood pressure through the ceiling.
   A while back I posted a transcript of a conversation I had with the cable company, where I tried to make sense of the absurd pricing structure Charter was offering. Three things cost less than two things, in violation of every principle of common sense. I canceled cable, calmed down, and thought that was the end of it.
   Until today, when I got a new offer from Charter to entice me back. Usually I just throw that junk mail away but today for some reason I decided to read it. Big mistake.
   For all three services, cable, internet, and phone, they have a one-year offer of $59 per month. This is less than half of what they wanted to charge me back in September, six months ago.
   Half off.
   Seriously. These sons of bitches wouldn't give me a break back in September, but now they cut their three-service price in half. HALF!! This lets you know exactly how much the cable companies are gouging us in the first place. Rat bastards, lining their pockets during the good times, but when people dump their overpriced garbage all of a sudden they come up with a reasonable price. If they had a reasonable price in the first place I'd still have cable, but they just didn't care. And what about the people who agreed to $120 a month six months ago? I guarantee they're still getting screwed, they won't get the half-off price. Grrr... I fell a hulk-out coming on.
   They're making my blood boil and I'm not even a customer any longer. Crap!! Just makes me so mad...

No comments:

Post a Comment