Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Fashion Statement

I'm thinking about wearing a hat. I don't mean just for the day either, or to keep the sun off my face at an amusement park. No, I'm thinking about making a definite wardrobe statement with a hat, one I can be identified with, like Mr. T and his mohawk. Which wasn't a hat, I know, but you get the point.
   For sure it won't be a pork pie hat, nowadays only black guys can carry that one off. I also don't want to be one of those douchebags in a fedora, waaaay too 'hip young greasy actor' for an old dude like me.
   Could be a cowboy hat, I am from Texas, but I don't actually work on a ranch or a farm, so that would make me a poser. I also don't sing or play country music - or even like it, really - so that's out.
   I'm not Canadian so a toque won't do. One of those Russian fur hats would be just too hot here in SoCal. I'm not African I can't really get away with a kufi. Man, I'm running out of options.
   Oooh... how about a beret? There's nothing pretentious and awful about a beret, is there? I coud wear a striped shirt too. And learn how to smoke. Yeah... I think we have a winner.

3 comments:

  1. I vote for a newsboy hat. It will compliment and complete your writer image. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say go with doo-rag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humm, I kind like you wearing a cowboy hat :)
    Oh boy, I LOVE country music.. :)

    ReplyDelete