Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Forget...

It's been three months 'between assignments,' and while I do love - LOVE - not going to the office, I've noticed a few problems having nothing but free time. I've developed a new bad habit, and it bothers me.
   I forget what day it is.
   Yeah, I know that every now and then people will wake up on a Saturday and start getting ready for work, maybe even get in the car before they realize it's the weekend and they don't have to go. This is perfectly normal, it happens to everyone.
   I forget whether it's Thursday or Sunday. Seriously. Completely blank, no idea what day of the week it is at all. Day after day after day. The only way I know for sure is to look at the calendar on my computer which has 'today' colored gray.
   This is not good. While I love 'The Big Lebowski' I really don't want to end up like The Dude.
   If this is what retirement is like I don't think I want any part of it. Maybe I'll go down to Home Depot, hang with the day laborers and make a few quick under-the-table bucks hanging drywall or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment