Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Guy Moment

I know it's cliche, but there are certain experiences that are unique to each gender. You ladies have your... shopping, I suppose, or a pathological obsession with shoes. Guys have different moments, usually involving flatulence and the misery of the first one to fall asleep on the bus. It's a bonding experience, sharing something that is primal, timeless. If you've ever gone out with your dog and took a whiz on the same tree he was peeing on at the same time, you know what I'm talking about. It's deep, and nothing you can explain to the ladies.
   Just this morning I was at the gym. I had finished and was getting one last drink of water before hitting the road when I noticed a rather pleasant-looking young woman on the treadmill. From a purely scientific standpoint, I assure you, I was admiring the symmetry of her form, evaluating her waist-to-hip ratio, noting the almost saucy way... okay, look, you don't come into a gym with 'Juicy' plastered across your ass unless you want people to read it. 'Nuff said.
   I glanced a few feet away and saw a guy pretending to stretch as he practiced reading 'Juicy' too. Then I saw another guy pretending to adjust one of the bicycles as he stole glances at the treadmill.
   We all saw each other at the same time, and at the same time we all realized that we were doing exactly the same thing. We kind of nodded to each other, smiled just a little, and went on about our business.
   That's man stuff right there, and you ladies just don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. So because I do get this, I guess that means I ain't much of a lady? Well, I always was one of the boys ....

    ReplyDelete