Saturday, July 19, 2014

140Story - Day 50

I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

taken care of the phone.  But I still had the pictures Telrik had given me.  In my purse.  I handed the envelope to Kelly, who ran his fingers along every seam.  He pulled the bottom fold down, revealing a flash of tiny circuitry, printed on paper.  New tech, something I wasn’t familiar with.
    “Gotta admit, that’s some clever thinking,” he said.  “They gave you this two days ago?”
    I nodded.  My face burned hot with embarrassment.  They’d gotten me.  From the very beginning.
    “That’s a long con,” Kelly muttered.  “What do we do with it?”
    My first thought was to ditch it.  Crumple it into a useless ball and toss it into the gutter.  But I had a better second thought.

It took all of ten minutes to find a busy supermarket parking lot.  Five more minutes to find the

No comments:

Post a Comment