Wednesday, July 9, 2014

140Story - Day 42

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

so I’d keep quiet.”
    “And you’ve never touched a penny of it?”
    Kelly shook his head.  He was as stubborn as they come.
    “So why is Burton coming after you now?”
    “His father’s dead,” Kelly explained.  “A few weeks ago.  Not job related, he’d been in the hospital for a few months.”
    “And Burton wants your share,” I said.
    Kelly nodded slowly.
    There was some movement on the street, not part of the regular ebb and flow.  Nothing I could put my finger on, but my interest was enough to send Kelly to the door leading to the rooftop.
    “What’s going on?”
    “Not sure,” I said slowly.  I counted three vans.  Which was three more than I had ever seen on the street before.  “I think they made us.”
    “Two shadows on the building across the way,” Kelly said.  “Rooftop’s

No comments:

Post a Comment