Thursday, July 17, 2014

140Story - Day 49

Oops, I missed a day.  Sorry, I was distracted.

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

left, then took my foot off the gas.  Kelly now held my phone, staring at it, waiting for the next instruction.
    ‘UR bng followed.  Lose them,’
    I checked my mirrors.  Nothing.  I looked left, right, up, down, and Kelly did too.
    “Where?” Kelly muttered.
    “Doesn’t matter,” I said, slamming the pedal to the metal.  “We evade.”
    The force of acceleration tossed Kelly backwards, and he landed with a grunt.  I took a left, a right, sped up and slowed down.  Doubled back.  Everything I knew to expose a tail and nothing worked.
    “What if they don’t have to follow us?”  Kelly muttered as he stared out the back window.
    “You mean a tracker?” I snapped.  “We only stole this car a couple of hours ago, how would they...”
    “Your phone?” Kelly’s voice was a whisper.
    I shook my head, I’d

No comments:

Post a Comment