Sunday, July 27, 2014

140Story - Day 55

 I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

was covered with them.  Not an inch of the station was outside camera range.  Not even the spot where I had taken cover.
    “They’ve been playing me for weeks.”  I felt like an idiot.  “Michaels is Telrik.  Has to be.”
    I looked to Kelly for reassurance, for his measured assessment that I was wrong.  He was nodding.  “It’s the only answer.  They’re pushing me out into the open.  One way or another.”
    “And you’re letting them?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing from him.
    Kelly only nodded again, then checked the doors.
    “But they’ve been after you for two years,” I hissed.  “Why are you doing this now?”
    “Because you finally took their bait,” he said with a sad, resigned smile.  “They knew there was no way I’d let you get caught in the middle all alone.”
    He always

No comments:

Post a Comment