Tuesday, July 15, 2014

140Story - Day 48

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

‘Rdy 2 tlk? Rply 1 ltr. -M’
    Kelly gave me a hard stare.  If I were him I’d have been suspicious too.
    “I think it’s from Michaels,” I offered, holding out the phone to him.
    “We need his help,” Kelly replied, more to himself than to me.  “Reply with a ‘Y.’”
    I did.
    Nothing happened, though I thought something would.  Even Kelly looked around, as if he were expecting someone to emerge immediately from the shadows.
    When the phone beeped again, it startled me so much I nearly dropped it.
    ‘S on Shoreline.  L at second light.’
    Kelly craned his neck to see.  “This street is Shoreline.  Don’t tell me that bastard already knows exactly where we are.”
    “That’s why he makes the big bucks,” I said as I pointed the car South.
    At the second light I took a

No comments:

Post a Comment