Wednesday, July 23, 2014

140Story - Day 53

 I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

weasels like Burton?
    I didn’t let him see my pain, I just nodded as if that were the answer I’d been expecting all along.
    My phone beeped and a text scrolled across the screen.
    ‘Clr. M33t @ bus stn. I find u.’
    Kelly read it with me, and frowned.  “So we just trust him?  What if he leads Telrik right to us?”
    Being cautious is always good.  But there are times prudence veers far into paranoia’s territory.  I had a feeling Kelly’s had been living there for the past two years.
    “Do you know how to get to the embezzled money?” I asked.
    Kelly nodded.  “But the second I do, Telrik will hand the whole thing over to the Feds.  And I’m screwed.”
    “I’m pretty sure Michaels can get around that.”
    Kelly considered this for a few moments.  “You know how

No comments:

Post a Comment