Thursday, July 10, 2014

140Story - Day 43

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

out.”
    “Fire escape is too slow,” I said.  “We’d be sitting ducks.”
    Kelly’s eyebrows raised.  “Drain pipe?”
    I shrugged.  “Only other option’s the front door.”
    Kelly thought for a moment.  “If you were them, would you expect us to use the front door?”

Kelly went first.  He always went first.  It wasn’t chivalry, he didn’t trust anyone else to take point, but he did trust me with his back.
    The stairway was empty, but there were shadows out the building’s front door that shouldn’t have been there.  Kelly tapped me twice and raised three fingers.  Two. One.
    Kelly tugged the door open, catching a Telrik stooge by surprise.  Before the man could touch his radio or reach for his gun Kelly punched him square in the jaw.  I saw the man’s eyes flutter, he was out cold before he hit

No comments:

Post a Comment