Saturday, July 5, 2014

140Story - Day 38

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

as well pull that trigger right now, Kelly.  Because if that’s true then you’re not even close to the kind of man I thought you were.”
    For what seemed like forever Kelly said nothing.  Did nothing.  I thought for sure my days would end as a red spatter on the inside of the windshield.  At long last, mercifully, Kelly tossed the gun into the front seat.
    “You’re right,” he sighed.  “I’m not who you thought I was.”
    “So let me in,” I said softly.  “Tell me what’s going on.”
    “We have to get somewhere safe,” he said.  “Your place is compromised.  So is mine, most likely.”
    He sounded weary.  Defeated.  Two years on the run would do that to any man, even Kelly.
    “I have a couple of possibilities,” I offered.
    Kelly could only nod.

I paid for the razors

No comments:

Post a Comment