Monday, July 14, 2014

140Story - Day 47

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

you’re never entirely certain if you’re being tracked.  You can spot a person, or a car, or even a drone if you pay close attention.  But if they’re tracking your cell, or monitoring your logins... the person doing the tracking doesn’t even have to be in the same country.
    We ditched the stolen car once we were miles out of Downtown, and promptly stole another.  When we were miles past that point we ditched it and stole a third car.  That was the one we drove back into town.  I hoped the entire exercise wasn’t being monitored in some operations center.  Backed into an abandoned lot in the industrial district; we’d run out of places to hide.
    My cell beeped, an odd warble I’d never heard before.  It was a text, from a number I didn’t know.  It read

No comments:

Post a Comment